Post Graduate Program
Student-athlete 's National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) eligibility years do not commence during this “Gap Year”. This means that following graduation from high school, the student-athlete will have 1-year to compete while not losing a year of NCAA Eligibility. This offers student-athletes a unique opportunity to enhance their overall academic, athletic and personal development.
U.T.U. Major Point Academy
U.T.U. MPA allows athletes to receive the exposure necessary to play collegiate basketball all while kickstarting their college education. Student-athletes who participate in this program have the option to take college credits from their local community college while participating in the U.T.U. Major Point Academy program . This program allows students to get financial assistance from local community colleges if they take enough courses qualified for assistance.
Academic / Eligibility Requirements
- Student-Athletes must take between 6 - 12 transferable units per semester at any local community college.
- (1) Class Fall Semester
- (1) Class Spring Semester
- Students submit proof of college courses (class schedule)
- Students can take up to 11 Units (Only 6 are mandatory)
- Students MUST submit: Official and Unofficial High School Transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, and birth certificate
- MUST Register for NCAA / National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Clearing House
- SAT/ACT isn’t mandatory but student athletes who do not take either test will be limited to Junior and National Junior Colleges
- Gap Year Players Only (Post Graduate Athletes )